The Block, in the Washington Street – Monument Circle Historic District, Central Downtown Indianapolis.
The William H. Block Building was a magnificent department store, designed and completed in October 1911 with 8 stories and a basement and sub-basement. In 1934, a comprehensive modernization program was accomplished which altered the ground floor interior and exterior, changing the classical design of the 1911 section into the present Art Deco style. The Block retail operation closed in 1993.
Following a change of ownership in 2001, The Landmark Companies embarked on a two-year historical rehabilitation that transformed the building into fabulous warehouse apartments. The William H. Block Building continues to be a prominent site in downtown Indianapolis.
Exclusive customization options available.
Call 833.894.9654 to learn how